I just got hacked? I am not sure.
First clue is the bounced emails with emails mass sent by my gmail account shown below.
It looks like someone or some virus hacked into my gmail account and mass send emails to all my contacts.
If you know me and gotten a email from me which is very rare, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!
I checked my email this morning and found several sent emails bounced to my inbox, It seems that someone hacked into my account and sent spam links to my contacts.
1. password not changed by hacker, I promptly changed it
2. I do use POP/IMAP forwarding to my iPhone, promptly disabled it
3. My contact are clever enough not to click on those links only to tell me about it.
4. No, did not notice any emails deleted
5. Currently using Mac Snow Leopard at home when it happened, firefox
6. Using Mac with no idea about any antivirus software!
7.Any extensions, toolbars or plug-ins: firefox themes, DownThemAll, Coollris, firebug, FireFTP, GoogleGears, Web Developer 1.1.
The mail in my send mail folder along with the header
Received: by 10.229.211.193 with HTTP; Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:17:06 +0800
From: Simon Tay
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
SPAM LINKS sent by this hacker/virus
Note: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS ABOVE!
I Google searched about this and found out that I am not the only victim of hacking of my gmail!!
I found this link http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=77127463d8f40cb6&hl=en&start=40 and google gmail users have been recently reported to been hacked and spam their contacts with spam links as well!
This seems to be a major hacking going on.